No Fleece Necessary

'Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it." John 14:13-14

We serve a God who created the universe, sent His Son to save us, and works in our lives daily, and yet we doubt His ability to answer prayer. Sometimes when I pray, I have this "if you're able to" mindset. I ask God for things, or to do things, but for some reason deep down, I don't acknowledge that He's truly capable to answer. I don't know about you, but I have a hard time trusting, especially when I can't see whom I am trusting. The more proof I see that the person is really there, the more inclined I am to trust. However, in the verses above, all it tells us to do is ask, and He will do it. No fleece, no strings attached. Just ask. "I will do it." That's not an "If I have time," or "I'll try." It is "I will" from "I am." The ultimate goal? "That the Father may be glorified in the Son." He delights to give us good things. "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whim there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 Our response? "And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to god the Father through Him." Colossians 3:17
We ask in faith, and when He answers, we respond in thanks. 
The reason for this contemplation is that I have experienced a major answer to prayer.  A couple of weeks ago, my church took a survey to see how much people were interested in committing to giving.  Pastor has been wonderfully supportive, and has expressed many times that the church wants to help me get to BFA as soon as possible. This past Sunday was the deadline for responding to the survey, and Sunday evening I was informed that they want to assume 50% of my support. We asked, He answered, and I respond with a heart overflowing with gratitude. This places me very close to the 80% mark, though how close is yet to be determined. 
As support continues to come in I would ask you to pray with me for several things:
  • That the remainder of my support would come in
  • That details such as paperwork, etc. would come together
  • Packing process - wisdom in what to take, and what not to take
  • Small items needing to be purchased before I go
  • Language study - I am endeavoring to absorb as much German as I can before I get there!
I would also like to thank every family and individual that has contributed to my support thus far.  I am incredibly grateful, and I pray that God will reward you richly! To my incredible church family: many, many, many thanks! I am overwhelmed at how God has led, and I am so thankful for you! 

I look forward to keeping you updated as much will be happening in the next few weeks! Germany gets closer by the day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope