Motivation

Just wanted to share the chorus to a hymn we sang in church yesterday. I had mindlessly sung the words many times before, but yesterday they embedded themselves in my mind.

"Oh the height and depth of mercy!
Oh the length and breadth of love!
Oh the fullness of redemption,
Pledge of endless life above!" 

As we sang, I realized that this, above all, needs to be my power-source. God has given us everything, and what does He ask of me in return? That I live my life wholly for Him, a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1) for His complete honor and glory.  He doesn't leave us unequipped, but gives us, "all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue." (2 Peter 1:3)  

As I thought about the words to the song, all that I have been given, and the ministry I am joining, I was greatly humbled.  He has given me so much, and now I want to give back by pouring into the lives of others the love the He has given me! In order for that to be my motivation in October, it needs to be my motivation today. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope