I really hope He knows what He's doing

A few days ago, I learned a lesson that I’d love to share with you. Our dorm dad, Marty, was working on a student’s ipod. The ipod was sitting in about a thousand pieces on the table in the living room, and Marty was hovering over it working away. Charlie, the owner of the ipod, was also hovering nearby. In fact, he sat next to Marty for nearly an hour, watching with great intent and concern on his face. At one point, I happened to catch Charlie’s eye. He gave me this incredibly serious look that said “I really, really hope that he knows what he’s doing!” From Charlie’s vantage point, Marty was picking apart his beloved ipod, and at times it definitely looked like it was beyond repair.  I walked away a minute later, and I realized that I’m really glad that I can’t always see just how God is working in my life. If I could sit and watch, like Charlie was doing, I know that I would experience a lot more anxiety. I would probably have the “I really, really hope that He knows what He’s doing” look etched permanently on my face. As it is, sometimes I do wish that I could see what He is up to. But in reality, the fact that I cannot see leads me to trust, and to lovingly follow Him in faith. I know my God is trustworthy (Proverbs 3:5-6). I know He has a plan, even though I can’t see it: “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope,” Jeremiah 29:11.  He offers strength and security: “I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken,” Psalm 16:8. “The Lord is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation.” I must walk in faith, following my Savior even when I cannot see. His way is best, and He is good, All the time.

Comments

  1. My dear girl, you are so wise. This is exactly what God wanted me to hear today. I've been going through a lot of medical mess, and having a hard time trusting, but God is in control, and He is so faithful. It's hard not to see what's ahead but knowing He is in control and wants what is best for me, makes that easier. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope