Remembering God's Faithfulness

There's great power in memory, no? Through memory, we re-live, reminisce, keep alive, learn, grow, change. Some of us live in fear of forgetting, because we fear if we forget, we run the risk of leaving behind part of who we are. Memory motivates us to action. Like many people, I enjoy a good ramble down memory lane, and I try to retrace those steps regularly. I've been doing a lot of remembering lately, and reading through blogs and journal entries from before I went to Germany the first time, in the fall of 2010. As I write today, I find myself in a similar situation to when I first began to write about "Simply Trusting." Today, as then, I have a great financial need to be met before I am able to depart for Germany. Today, as then, I have seen God meet a large part of that need through His people. Today, as then, I am hopeful and confident that He will complete the work that He started, not only financially, but in my life longterm. Today, I have the richness of friendships and experiences to remind me why I so strongly desire to return.
Over the weekend, I discovered that my monthly supporters had nearly doubled! So for those who are giving and those who are praying, let me say thank you, for not only responding to my need, but for allowing God to move and work through you.

So reminisce with me, and let me share with you a brief excerpt from one of my very first posts in September of 2010:
"For now, I am trying just to keep things in perspective, both long-term and short-term. My long-term goal (obviously) is to get to Germany, in God's time. Short-term involves following in faith, daily.  I am coming to appreciate the vital importance of immersing oneself daily in the Word, and having done that, meditating on what I've read throughout the day. Short-term also involves doing the next right thing, i.e. sending support letters, addressing envelopes, talking to churches, and talking to potential supporters. My prayer is that people will see this as an opportunity to partner with the work God is doing at and through BFA...Please pray with me that many will want to be involved, and also that I will not worry, but instead learn to trust God in an even greater way!"  

"And my God shall supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."                   Philippians 4:19

If you would like to be part of meeting this need, please click here: Partner with me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope