Always the Same

Over the last few weeks I have received much encouragement, from both sides of the ocean. Many friends have joined my team of ministry partners, and I can't thank you enough!! I wanted to share a couple of thoughts with you today. First from my time in the Word just this morning, in Psalm 81:10, "I am the Lord your God, Who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it." This verse follows a retelling of the deliverance of Israel from captivity. God has been faithful to them and He reminds them here that He is faithful, and that He is who He says He is. How can you hesitate to trust a God like that? So often I am guilty of a Pinterest-like Christianity. I hear something that resonates with me about Who God is or what He asks of me at church or Bible study, and with the best of intentions, I file it away for later. I continue living a walk that does not put that belief into practice. This weekend I have been under intense conviction over doubt, and failing to act when I have clearly been asked to trust and to act in the confidence of my calling. God has called me, so what is there to doubt. Giving in to doubt because God hasn't supplied my need the way I might think He should is not an option. He is faithful, He loves me and He knows how great my needs are. If you are familiar with my story, you will recall that last time I served in Germany, God provided financial support for me in incredible ways, and through some of you! "Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it." Not asking for millions of dollars, a huge home or designer clothes, but simply trusting that God will provide as He has in the past. Because He never changes.

Second, I want to pass along the following statements to you. These have appeared on my Facebook news feed over the last week from well-wishers and prayer warriors at BFA.

"Lauren, I miss you a ton, tell your supporters that we all really want you to come as fast as possible" - Mike*, student

"Praying for God to supply the remainder! Students can't have piano lessons until you come..."           - fellow BFA teacher


"We're eagerly anticipating your arrival! (And Jon* cries in my office every day! so HURRY!)           - fellow BFA teacher     

*names changed 

With cooler temperatures here in NJ, and school in full swing at BFA, my heart is aching to return to these people and this place that I love. I am praying today for 14 people or families who will commit to partner with me for $100 per month. Would you consider being a part of the way that God supplies for me to return to BFA? To partner with me by giving, visit this link: https://give.teachbeyond.org. or email me (see below) for more information. I am so excited to see how God will continue to supply the remainder of my support! Thank you to all who have given and are giving!! I can't wait to be posting here from across the ocean and sharing all that God is doing at BFA. 

If these thoughts have impacted you in any way, please email me here: Lauren's email




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope