Week 3

Funny how when you’re young, Christmas seems to take forever to come. Then once you get older, you blink and another holiday, month, etc.  is upon you. I’m very excited to be starting my third week at Sonne. Getting acclimated here has included getting to know a very special and unique fellowship of believers. They are open and accepting, and passionate about their part of the ministry here. I have also had some great opportunities to get to know the guys. This has gone a lot faster than I had expected. Whether it’s a little conversation here, a game there (I learned to play Risk this week), helping with homework, or whatever the situation, getting to know these people better is a continual joy. At dinner the other night I had a flash-back to my first meal here, and while it’s a good memory, I was relieved to find that I have become 100% more comfortable here. I’m really enjoying getting to know the dorm-staff here as well. While there is a definite variance in personality, the differences are pleasant ones. I’m just thankful for their patience with me. Each one has put out considerable effort to teach me, get to know me, and just help me feel comfortable. Thank you Debbie, Marty, Tommy, and Chris! Before I arrived, I had started a study of the books of First and Second Timothy, and II Timothy 2:22 has become a major catalyst in my adjusting process. It says, “So flee youthful passions, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.” I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to put this verse into action each day alongside a staff that exemplifies this verse so clearly.  

The past few weeks have not been without difficulty. Nothing major, but I have to admit that I do get a bit more homesick than I had imagined I would. I suppose this is a good thing though, because I have such an awesome base of family and friends to miss. I want all of you who are reading this to know that I think of and pray for you often. I just want to take a second here to thank all of you who have written for your emails, encouraging notes on Facebook, etc. for taking the time to contact me. It means so much! Also, congrats to the BJU Chorale for what I heard from very reliable sources was a stellar concert the other night. I dearly wish I could have been there, but I hold you all in my heart! Kudos, and best wishes for a wonderful year of beautiful music!

Lastly, I'm including some pictures to help you visualize where I am a bit better. The first one is a picture of the outside of the dorm. I particularly love the clouds in this one. The next two are the valley where we are located. The last one is the sitting area in my room. It's been fun making everything fit exactly how I want it. Enjoy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advent Week 1: Hope

Advent Week 4 - And Wonders of His Love

Commissioning