Commissioning

It's funny to discover how God has directed our paths even when we didn't realize He was doing it. My pastor had scheduled a Commissioning Service for me during tonight's evening service on Wednesday, and we were thankful God had directed him this way when we found out I was leaving on Monday! Tonight's service was a huge blessing. A former missionary, and great student of the Word, gave the challenge to me out of Micah 6:8. This was very special because God had begun to use that verse in my life during the time at Csehy this summer. Now it's meaning is intensified for me.  


"He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8 


The first two commands pertain to dealing with mankind, and the last to my relationship with God. If God is first in a person's life, everything else will fall into place. This is my prayer as I enter this new phase in my life. After a time of prayer and laying on of hands, pastor delivered a challenge to the church. He emphasized their partnership with me, and with BFA, and said that by sending someone over they were sending part of themselves as well.  After the service, I was overwhelmed by the expressions of love, promises to pray, wise words, and warm embraces by many present. It was tremendously difficult to say good-bye to such loved ones, but I know that they are supportive of my going, and will be upholding me in prayer daily. I praise God for such a church family that demonstrates the love of Christ in such tangible ways.


So as the time draws near, I ask the Lord to help me walk humbly with Him. I'm looking forward to arriving in Germany, but even more, I'm excited to how I am going to grow and change. 



Comments

  1. It's exciting to be able to look back and see what God saw all along. Praying for you as travel and get settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you dear friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you so much dear friend, thank you for the amazing example you have set for the rest of us. I'm convinced that God has nothing but the best in store for you as you serve Him at BFA!!
    Praying for you everyday. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Advent Week 1: Hope