'Twas the Day before Christmas

This is not going to be a long post. But for the first time since I arrived nearly one month ago, my room feels settled. Why the need to publicize this milestone? For one thing, it's finally starting to feel like home; I'm not guessing where I should put things to try and establish my 'normal'. For another thing, it's symbolic of so much more. Whenever there is a move or a transition, feeling displaced, or not quite like one belongs in either the old or the new place, is a natural experience. I've been feeling that way a lot over the past few weeks. I am thrilled to be back, but I miss  However, yesterday was a day full of events which contributed to expelling the 'displaced' feeling. In the morning, good friends took me to go submit my visa paperwork. Not much can make me feel so small as walking into a business/government building with my minimal Deutsch and needing to acquire something as big as a visa. But God, in His faithfulness that hasn't changed a bit, made a way once again. Lord willing, I'll have my visa shortly! The rest of the day was spent with a (new) friend baking and getting ready for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. This is one of those moments in which I stop and realize that, without me even realizing it, God is once again building community for me here. So when I finally plunked down on my bed, and looked around last night, I realized everything had a place, or was at least getting there. In the midst of it, I keep thinking of the words of Christ when He came to earth. (paraphrase mine) Foxes have dens, birds have nests, but the Son has nowhere to lay His head. It's not about the decor of my room, or finding the perfect storage containers. It's simply about following the Son, step by step, through each day, and allowing Him once again to define my role in this place. His way is perfect. For today, my next step is to participate in the Christmas Eve service at church, and continue becoming a part of this community here. And to keep on following.

I also want to say thank you again to all of my prayer and financial supporters! I am so thankful for each of you and think of you often. May God bless you richly for your kindness and generosity to me!

Merry Christmas and many blessings for the coming year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope