Prayer and Needs

We all have needs. If we're honest, talking about them comes easily, sometimes more easily than praying about them. As I think about my needs for support, my need to get back to Germany and BFA, and then the needs of my siblings and family, the result is that my focus is directed at the need rather than the One Who can meet the need. So this week I've been challenged to revise how I've been praying for my needs. I'd like to share with you some questions on which to reflect as you pray:

1)By dwelling on the need, am I allowing it to become bigger than it is? 
2)What do I know about God? How big do I really know Him to be?
3) Do I believe that God is big enough to meet my needs? And do I trust Him to answer in His perfect way and timing? 

Another great way to pray is to pray Scripture, and the Psalms are a current favorite of mine. I can't seem to get away from them. For starters, check out Psalm 16. 

Please understand that I know that many people carry heavier burdens than my own, and for much longer. However, my purpose in posting this is to encourage believers to focus our attention on the fact that we have a huge God, one Who made us, loves us, died for us, and walks with us. As the children's song says, "they are weak, but He is strong."

Also, I want to invite you to pray with me specifically for several things.
First, that 14 families or individuals will be moved to support me at $100 per month. Support is coming in slowly but surely, but I still feel led to pray this way.
Second, that people who want to give will give soon. The school year at BFA is well underway, and I am prayerfully wanting to miss as little as possible.
Third, that I will be back in Germany by November. It feel impossible on many levels, but I know that God can do it.

Thank you for lifting these needs before the Lord with me! So many are praying for me, and I am encouraged to keep on persevering!! If you or someone you know is interested in giving, please click here: https://give.teachbeyond.org and specify it's for me (Lauren Holland).

Another church let me know of their desire to partner with me last week!!! So much joy here, as this church has watched me grow up and has prayed me over mountains and through valleys before. They are amazing prayer warriors and I am thrilled to have them on my team. I look forward to sharing more stories of partnership and needs being met soon! Thank you, as always, for checking in and for praying for me. God is good, all the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope