Be Still...

I was hesitant to put the following thoughts out in public. Not because they're controversial or earth shattering, but because they are so close to my heart.

Waiting. If I weren't waiting for support, I'd be waiting for something else. I'm not being cynical, but  I have noticed this become an apparent pattern in my adult life. There are always hopes, dreams, goals, achievements, among other things, to be looked forward to. However, before those things come there is often a waiting period. These are times which the Lord uses to teach us, grow us, change us, remove things from our lives (I should say "my life") that shouldn't be there, again the list goes on. However, I find myself impatiently wishing for the end of the waiting instead of looking for what God is doing right now, in me, around me and hopefully through me. So while I do get antsy in the waiting, I am learning, slowly but surely, to be still while I wait to get my plane ticket and start a new season of ministry.  He is teaching me to be still, not only physically, but in my mind and my heart ("My heart is fixed..." Psalm 57:7). He has given me wonderful quiet times with Him ("Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Your law." Psalm 119:18), in which He is renewing my vision, strengthening my soul, and giving me a bigger picture of Who He is. There is much more, but that would take a much longer post. So to those who are praying for me, thank you!!! God is answering in many ways. He is teaching me to have courage to persevere and to trust Him. For my birthday last summer, my brother got me a necklace I had been admiring. I wear it all the time now, not only because it's cute, but it has the words "Be strong and Courageous" from Joshua 1:9 inscribed on it. This has served as a powerful reminder as the days go by. Not only does it bring this particular verse to mind, but also Psalm 27:4, which says " Wait for the Lord, be strong, and let your heart take courage, wait for the Lord." 

Also, God continues to provide my need for support. I am continually amazed and thankful for the way God moves in the hearts of believers to give to me, pray for me and encourage me. Thank you for your sensitivity to Him in praying for and giving to me!

As you pray, please remember these things:
1) That those who have been considering partnering with me would do so and act quickly.
2) That God would continue to prepare me now for the work He has for me at BFA.
3) That I would be teachable and open to everything He has for me right now. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope