Heading Back

Time flies when you're having fun, and I have most definitely had a blast this summer. Csehy ended yesterday, and some very tearful goodbyes were said. It was my heart-felt joy to have been able to be a part of the lives of these kids even tho it was a very short time. They were amazing, and wonderful, and talented and I miss them already. Yes, they are human too, but I was so encouraged to see so many teens who were seriously seeking to please God with their lives. You're probably thinking, "well, isn't this a music camp, full of lots of little (and not so little) music nerds/enthusiasts, etc.?" While the answer to that, is a resounding yes, you should also know that in addition to music, we are intently focused on the spiritual journeys of our students as well. The greatest desire of my heart is that 1) each camper will have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and 2) that each one will leave camp looking more like his Savior than he did when he arrived. One young man recommitted his life to Christ, and others are sharing freely about the difference that He is making in their lives. They truly desire to live differently, and to stay open to Christ's work in their lives. Please pray that they will do so, and have the strength to follow through. 
It's a family thing: me and my amazing siblings after the last Csehy concert. I love them!!
So now what? Well, today my family and I drove back to our home in and NJ, and as I write, I am sitting in my living room looking at a successfully (for now...) unpacked and repacked suitcase. Tomorrow, I fly out to Germany for my second year as an RA at BFA. I will again be serving at Sonne, and am so excited to work with the staff and students there again. For the first few weeks, we have a time of orientation (which I am slightly late for, due to camp), and the students arrive at the end of August. Please pray for me as I travel, get over jet-lag, and settle in to things again. Also, please pray for renewed energy, strength and enthusiasm. I am so thankful for having such clear continued direction in my life. If you recall, about a year ago, this was all incredibly new, and I was just beginning the support-raising process. Now, a year later, He is taking me confidently back. To God be the glory, great things He has done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope