Change on the Horizon

Dear Friends,

What a full semester it has been so far! The final week of school before spring break was very eventful! My brother Tim was in Germany for a week of classes, so over the weekend I was able to travel to Frankfurt, Germany to see him for a few hours. There is something revitalizing  about seeing and being heard and understood by family! On Monday evening, Faith Cox, one of my senior piano students presented her senior recital. She is a gifted musician who sings and plays piano beautifully. She is also a gifted artist, and displayed a number of her own pieces.  The evening was beautiful and I couldn't be more proud! The week also held an accreditation visit with three organizations. Work has been going on for months in preparation, and the school received encouraging feedback. On Friday, the final day of school before break, I had the opportunity to speak as part of BFA's chapel hour. Various adults spoke in different locations around campus, and the students were given the chance to choose between various options. Our students have been asking some excellent questions and it was a joy to share with them. My topic was simply "Am I a Christian?" This was something I struggled with in high school as well, and it was a privilege to be able to talk about the Gospel, answer questions and offer assurance. I am continually amazed by the way talking about the redeeming work of Christ brings life and energy, not only to those who are gaining understanding for the first time, but also to those who are doing the sharing. 

Last week, over 90 students and staff scattered around the world on service project trips to serve, learn, and grow. The teams returned home this past weekend, and I have greatly enjoyed hearing stories and seeing pictures from those who went. To those of you who may have seen my request for prayer for these groups on Facebook, thank you for supporting the teams in this way!

In a previous update, I mentioned that there were changes on the horizon, and I want to take some time in this post to share what some of those changes will be. I've had a chance to share various bits of information with various people, and it is my hope to be able to tie some of these bits together. I have loved teaching at BFA over the last five years. It was a huge adjustment, but the process has taught me so much about people, about music, and about God. Nine years ago (!!!), I began serving at BFA as a Resident Assistant in one of our Residence Homes or dorms. I never imagined I would still be here, or that I would teach and actually enjoy it, but God's ways are higher than mine. Now, as I look to the future, God is asking me to trust Him yet again. Next school year, I will be stepping back into the Residence Life program, and I am so excited!! This time, I will be an Administrative Assistant in the supervising office. This job will consist of administrative tasks, such as coordinating schedules, collecting and distributing information, coming alongside the Resident Assistants, and supporting the Residence Life Supervisors. 

The current school year is my fifth year serving at BFA, which means that I am applying for an extension, or permission from German Social Security, as well as my sending organization, to stay another three years. In order to gain approval for this request, I need to raise $2000 more per month ideally by the end of April. In the last few months, I have gained a couple new supporters, so I am on the way to this goal. However, there is still a large amount to raise. So I have two big questions - 

First, if you already support me monthly, would you consider increasing your amount by $20? 

Second, if you haven't committed to support me financially, would you consider joining as a monthly supporter? If you would like to do this please consider following the link here.

If you would like to partner with me, but have more questions or would like to speak with me in person, I would love to Skype, Facetime, or video chat with you! Please email me at Lauren.holland@bfacademy.de or message me on Facebook to set up a time. 

To those of you who have given and prayed, I want to say a huge thank you! God has used you in countless ways, and you have encouraged me! Thank you for joining with me, and enabling my ministry to continue. 

Please pray with me:
1. For those who have just returned from service project trips - that the lessons they learned would deeply touch their hearts.
2. That God will bring in the remaining support that I need in order to stay!
3. For my walk with the Lord, that it would be deeper and stronger than ever.
4. For my transition into my new role in Residence Life - that I would be able to train well during the remainder of this school year, and finish my current job well.

Praise God with me:
1. For the way He has answered prayer so far - He has provided for me so well!
2. For students who have committed to relationship with Him this semester!
3. For good health and energy among staff and students.


Thank you for reading, praying and partnering! 

Blessings,

Lauren


Faith, warming up for her senior recital

Day trip to Colmar, France 

A walk above Kandern


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope