Grab Some Coffee - It's Time to Catch Up!

Dear Friends,

First of all, Happy 2019! I hope that the new year has been full of hope and peace for you so far.

It's been a while since I've written, and I do apologize for that. A lot has happened, and I hope to get you caught up in this post. I really wish that I could sit down with you over some delicious coffee, but this will have to do. Let me start with an overview of the last few months.

November: This month I had a wonderful, encouraging visit with my brother, Tim. He was able to see my life in Kandern, meet friends, and see the part of Germany where I live. This month also included a lot of planning for the end of the semester. My students made wonderful progress in their abilities to read music and work independently. I was also privileged to celebrate Thanksgiving with a number of my colleagues on several different occasions. One of the fun aspects of living outside the US is that we aren't limited to one day! :) At the end of this month, I was also privileged to travel to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for training through the Child Safety and Protection Network. Nearly 50 individuals from numerous countries participated in response team training that offered valuable resources and insight into handling of Child Safety Responses.

December: Thankfully, jet lag after Malaysia wasn't too difficult, because I hit the ground running! By the time I rejoined my classes, each student in group piano was working on his or her final exam piece. They are tasked with choosing a piece of music, and then coming up with an arrangement, improvisation, or composition based off of the original piece. These students continually amaze me with their creativity. I am in awe of the way God has gifted each of them. Every project is different, and shows how fearfully and wonderfully the individual is made.  December also held our annual Christmas concert. Our various ensembles performed, and I was privileged to accompany for the High School and Middle School Choirs. After one more week of classes, our students took off for various points around the globe, and I headed back to NJ to spend Christmas with my family. I was able to see all of my siblings - which many of you know is no small feat. It was also pure delight to get to spend time with my nephew who is growing by leaps and bounds. Of course, he is the cutest human being on the planet, in my very unbiased opinion.
I also got to see many of you, which was an added blessing! Your words and prayer have meant so much to me. Thanks for your encouragement and continued support!!

January: After arriving back in Germany on January 3, life has continued to remain full. I like to compare it to acrobats who spin plates. I'm responsible for a few of them, but there are many that are outside my control. I'm thankful that God is ultimately the One in control and I trust Him. This week our students take Semester 1 exams, and then Semester 2 begins on January 28.

Looking ahead, our annual Music Festival is held just after the start of the new semester. Throughout the week, most of our private lesson students will play for a visiting teacher and receive feedback. Excellent performances are selected for the Honor's Recital.

In addition to everything else, and of course my teaching, there are a lot of changes in the works. I look forward to being able to share more details soon! For now, I am very happy to tell you that I am hoping to stay at BFA for a few more years!  This current school year is my fifth consecutive year teaching here, and 8th year overall.  Typically, this is when I would need to take a year on Home Assignment. I have applied for an extension, and have high hopes that it will be granted. However, in order for me to stay, in the next few months, I need to raise at least $1200 more per month in financial support. This means that I am praying for more individuals who can partner with me financially, especially on a monthly basis. If you do not partner with me already, would you consider doing so? I would be truly honored! If you already give, and would like to increase the amount you have been giving, you are welcome to do so as well!

Please visit the following link to join my team: https://give.teachbeyond.org/support/lauren-holland/

Finally, I want to thank each one of you for reading, caring, praying and giving. You are such a huge encouragement to me, and you are enabling God's work to continue around the world.

Praise God with me:
1. For new ministry partners! I'm thrilled to have new people joining my team!
2. For a successful, smooth finish to Semester 1 for students and staff.
3. For a wonderful break with family and loved ones.
4. For God's faithfulness. I continue to be amazed by His goodness and consistency in my life.

Please Pray with me:
1. That God would lead people to partner with me financially.
2. For peace in the hearts our students as they begin a brand new semester on Monday.
3. For Music Festival preparations - This event is happening much earlier this year and our students are nervous!
4. That I would continually be anchoring my heart and mind to Christ.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope