He Directs My Path

It's 12:29am, January 1, 2016, and Kandern is a bit of a war zone - before you panic, let me share that it's New Year's Day now, and at midnight, people you didn't even know lived here take to the streets to set off every form of firecracker, firework,  and sparkler imaginable, in the streets, backyards, and hills. So it's to that soundtrack that I write. I didn't want to miss the opportunity to reflect and thank God for the year this has been. There are the usual things that feel as though they were left incomplete, or the desires that feel unmet (the seemingly endless wait is so hard). I'd love to have logged more practice hours and written better lesson plans, or gotten in better shape.  But as the clock struck 12, and the church bells around town began to peal madly there was an undeniable sense of hope, and even more than that, trust. So this isn't a post listing resolutions for the new year...I'm still deciding on those. It's an affirmation that no matter what in the world (quite literally) is going on, God is good all the time; it is an affirmation that I will follow hard after Him this year because He directs my path. It's an expression of hope that by His grace and enabling, I will aim higher, think bigger, dig deeper, and love more richly than before. It's a determination to lay aside things that have held me back from serving completely.

Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14

Thanks be to God

It's 12:51am, and it's past my bedtime...after all this year holds a rather...ahem...significant birthday for me. :) My heart is full. Frohes neues Jahr, Happy New Year, and may you walk into it confidently leaning on the One Who never changes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope