June Update

This update is very similar to an update which I recently sent out to my supporters. I apologize for the redundancy, but want to make sure my thanks are known! 

Summer is upon us, and I feel as though I stepped off a roller coaster - a very exciting, amazing ride, but also one that leaves me a bit dizzy! As most of you know, I flew to the Black Forest Academy in November, and began teaching in January. What an adventure this year has been! This semester was my very first teaching group piano, and I loved it! I was blessed to have two classes of eager learners, who asked great questions and were amazing people. Several of them told me that piano class was their favorite part of the day. Praise the Lord, because this was new territory for me! I also taught Music Appreciation, which was an interesting story. Being a new teacher to BFA, and not known to many students, only one student signed up for the class. She really wanted to take it, so we did an independent study tutorial course. We met regularly and had amazing discussions about music and life! This was not the way I had envisioned teaching this course, but it was fun. I look forward to teaching a larger class next school year! In addition to teaching, I also did a lot of accompanying. We have a very large private music lesson program, and I was privileged to play a lot for many students, as well as for other members of our music faculty. 

This semester was full of new beginnings, meeting new students, settling into a new home with new roommates, and getting used to life as a teacher. I’m always amazed to see the way that God leads us into various relationships, and the way he uses us like ‘iron sharpening iron.’ I am humbly grateful for the lives that God allowed me to touch this year. Please pray that with every day I will be a more humble tool in His hands. 

This summer I will be serving once again at the Csehy Summer School of Music in NY. I am excited to once again be part of this ministry! 

Before I close, I want to apologize to you, my supporters. This year has held so much change, I have been slow in my communication with you. What I do at BFA would be impossible without you, so accept my humble apology for my lack of communication. With God’s help, I look forward to improving. My blog is updated on a regular basis, and I hope that it will help keep you updated on what God is doing at BFA: http://laurenmholland.blogspot.de. Finally, I want to thank you for your faithful, generous giving. I am honored by your partnership, and thank God for you daily. May God bless you!

My very-relieved Group Piano class after finishing their Final Performance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advent Week 1: Hope

Advent Week 4 - And Wonders of His Love

Commissioning