April Update: It's the little things

Do you ever get to the end of a week and wonder where the time went? After a restful and adventurous spring break, we are flying towards the end of the year. This past weekend held a number of school events, all of which were extremely enjoyable. This coming week is a 4-day week because of a national holiday on Friday, and Monday-Thursday we will be holding our annual Music Festival. Next week is Junior senior banquet, and staff recital is the following week. Somewhere in the midst of all of it, my mom has a birthday, my brother Tim graduates from Cairn University (woot!!), and I'm training for my first half-marathon (yikes!). It's easy to wish away one event after another, and dream of a time less busy. Instead, I've been asking God to make me aware of the smaller moments which are significant, but might be harder to spot because of life whizzing around us; to cause me to be still and know, and rest. For example, on Monday evening my small group met at my house. These incredible high school seniors girls sat, ate, talked, and laughed infectiously. I'm surprised you couldn't hear us in the US, we were that loud. But in spite of the noise, there was peace. Each of these young women has walked through her own deep waters, and some are still in the midst of them. And in coming together, we encourage each other, we have community. Every time we talk, I'm blown away by the way they think. If a question is asked, thoughtful answers are given and received. Seemingly small moments, but deeply significant. Also, there are my piano classes. This last week was not my best teaching week. I'm still learning and growing, and I have a hunch that this will be a life-long process. So this week I learned a lot about what I don't want to keep doing. But I learned. And I thank God for those moments as well. I'm thankful for a God who loves me enough to correct me, and continuously shape me. There are also conversations. Psalm 23 speaks of the Shepherd restoring my soul. Did you ever wonder just how He goes about this? His methods are numerous, but recently for me, it has been through His Word and through truth being spoken to me by others. I'm continually blown away by the way the smallest word of His truth can penetrate deep into my heart, chastening and restoring. Walking away from a conversation, I wonder how the person with whom I was speaking knew just what to say, and then I realize, "Father, that was You." There may be a lot on the calendar, but God is hard at work here as well.


Praise God with me:
1. That He is meeting financial needs for our seniors
2. For the spiritual growth seen in students
3. For you, my prayer and financial supporters!!! I thank God for you continually!
4. For His mercies that are new every morning, and His immense faithfulness

Pray with me:
1. That financial needs will continue to be met for the seniors who need it
2. That our school will be 100% healthy!! We've had a sudden outbreak of sickness this weekend. Pray that it will NOT spread.
3. That I will be quick to hear and slow to speak
4. That Music Festival will be a great time of growth and learning for both teachers and students, and for me as I accompany.



Now to Him Who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.    Ephesians 3:20-21

Comments

  1. Always your posts encourage me and encourage me to pray for you more! Got you message this morning and have had you on my mind all day. Love you, sweet sister, and praying God will continue doing amazing things in and through you there at BFA! Love the verse you closed you blog entry with!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Advent Week 1: Hope

Advent Week 4 - And Wonders of His Love

Commissioning