Through each day, I have been asking God to show me my role here. I find myself asking Him to show me the individuals who He wants me to encourage or pour into and have been encouraged to see who He sends to my office or guides me to around campus. In addition to classroom teaching and private lessons, I am also co-leading a small group of senior girls. They are bright and enjoyable to be around, and from the first time we met, the showed an eagerness to talk and ask questions about life. Please pray with me for them as they seek God's will regarding their futures.
On Saturday evening, I had the joy of being a part of the senior recital of a student who is gifted not only in performing on several instruments, but also in musical composition. I was privileged not only to accompany him, but also to assist in the performing of one of his own works. This young man has grown much as a person and a musician over the last several years, so this recital was a huge milestone of personal achievement for him. One of the things I love about music is that it can be so much fun to perform, and this recital was no exception! Accompanying is going to continue to be part of my role here, so you'll be hearing more about those adventures in the coming months.
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'd love to hear from you, and learn how I can pray for you so feel free to comment below, or email me by clicking here.
1. My support came in and allowed me to be here!! I know this isn't new, but I'm still VERY thankful!
2. New friendships, and renewed old ones.
3. Wisdom and courage to proceed through the first week of teaching.
1. That I will stay close to God, and have deep, rich times of quiet with Him.
2. That I will be able to view the "big picture" for the semester as I teach each day, and help my students progress through new material.
3. That I will use my time wisely and prioritize well as I prepare for classes and work to keep my own musical skills up to par.