He Will Never Leave You

Right now I'm sitting in a room somewhere a little farther south than Germany, and a bit warmer. We're on spring break, and it's been good to get away from the snow. I won't rant here, but I will say that I am extremely thankful for the light and the spring breezes floating in my window right now.
I have had a lot of opportunity to reflect over the last several days, so I want to try and catch you up on the last few weeks. We have had a plethora of activities going in. The guys went on high school retreat, and I had the privilege of going with them. We heard the amazing story of a life transformed by grace, and were challenged to make the time on earth we do have count for Christ. Bg themes, but so important. We worshipped together, and soaked in the glory of God in creation. I was also blessed to lead a small group, something I really enjoy, but also something that doesn't fit my normal schedule at this point. We returned to the dorm refreshed, and ready to continue with the quarter. The weeks since then are a blur, with so much wrapped up into the days and hours. Soccer season has begun, with nearly half the dorm involved. Im really looking forward to cheering our guys on at home games siin after spring break! Hudson, our middle school dorm brother, had a lead role in the Middle School play, and made such an endearing 'bad guy.' Especially when he came around and mended his ways at the end! With such full lives, our hearts are full as well. I feel like Jenn and I are constantly turning to each other and saying, 'wow, I just had this fantastic conversation with so-and-so!' And it is true. I highly value the trust given in confidence during a conversation, and I'm continually amazed by their coming to me to confide and process. Not that life isn't without it's trials and tears here. We have normal doses of those, of course. But I am thankful that even if my spirits are deflated, or I lose my joy, God sends along a reminder that He is still with me. What a beautiful promise that He will never leave us. I shared this verse with the guys right before break, and I'm claiming it as well: "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6 And what's cool is that the last sentence, "He will not leave you or forsake you" is repeated two verses later, adding emphasis to the beautiful promise.
For those who may not know, I want to let you know that this will be my last year at Sonne. Lord willing, I will be returning to the US for one year, to raise support, follow up with supporters, and share about the time God has given me at Sonne. After that year, the future isn't completely clear to me yet. There are doors opening, so please pray for clarity, and patience for me while I wait. My heart is to remain in missions, and there are endless possibilities. God's timing and plan are perfect, He never makes a mistake, and I trust Him completely. Meanwhile, I wait with great anticipation.

I want to end by saying a huge thanks to my supporters for sticking with me. This year has been very emotionally straining, and I have found it very difficult to write. Thank you so much for your consistent prayer and financial support. You help make the work here possible, and I am grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope