Give Thanks

Over the past week we have had some exciting times, so I would like to share some highlights with you now. First of all, last Sunday, one of my seniors was baptized, as a public profession of his walk with Christ. Over the past few years, God has taken him through some difficult times, and especially this year, we have been blessed to see increasing evidence of God’s work in his life. He truly desires to make God the center of his life. Baptisms are a very important public event in this community, taking place during the Sunday morning service at Black Forest Christian Fellowship. The person getting baptized shares their testimony of faith, and then are baptized and prayed over by people whom they have asked to stand up with them. It is an incredibly special, joyful time. 
David sharing his testimony before being baptized

I enjoyed my last few days off this week as well, and was able to go to Lisbon, Portugal for a couple of days. Enjoy pictures below.

Triumphal gate in Lisbon. Love the yellow building!
Lisbon Riverfront










On Thursday, we celebrated Thanksgiving at our dorm. All day, we as staff baked, peeled, mashed, casseroled, and decorated. We sat around the table, enjoying each other’s company, and sharing stories and memories. As I talked with the guys, I couldn’t help but thankfully reflect on all that has taken place in my own heart in the past year. After enjoying the delicious food, we went around the table and everyone shared things they were thankful for. This took a little while, with 30 people, but this was also a very moving time. Through much laughter and a few tears, the guys were very open, and it was exciting to hear them share. Thanks go to Chris Jones for some of the Thanksgiving and Baptism pics!


PJ and David enjoy dorm Thanksgiving


Sonne Thanksgiving
Over the past weeks and months, I have been asked many times, “What are your plans for next year?” The honest answer is that I am still not 100% sure exactly what God has for me next. Lord willing, I am planning to be in Germany at BFA, however my exact role remains unclear. Please pray with me as I seek God’s will in this. The thought of leaving the dorm is difficult, but the possibility is there. I love these kids so much, and I desire to be used by God. I look forward to updating you soon as God continues to lead me. Thank you so much for your prayers. We have had relatively good health, and God has kept us safe through many kilometers traveled, and many busy weekends. Please continue to pray for us as the school year progresses. Pray for the guys as they continue to work on homework. Pray that they will be diligent, and persevere to the end of the semester. Several of my seniors have gotten accepted to universities, but there are several still waiting to hear, or working through the application process. As many of you may remember, this is a very difficult time for them as well. No matter what may be going on in our lives, I would like to leave you with something of which I’ve been continually reminded. God is good, all the time. He is good, He is guiding, and He is completely trustworthy. What confidence! I pray that you will know more of His perfect goodness today!

Blessings,
Lauren

Comments

Popular Posts