Knights, Castles, and Steak

Lorrach Castle, conquered by Sonne Knights 

Dear Reader,

We find ourselves at the beginning of April, and yet again, I realize that I am in a rut of posting once a month. We have had some exciting times around BFA and Sonne! The Soccer and track seasons has begun, and we have over two thirds of our students involved. I’m pretty proud of these guys. The track team came back from their first meet last weekend, and all the way back to the dorm they talked about the fun they had. It feels like soccer lingo has taken over the dorm, and if you don’t believe that soccer is its own language, you should hang out here for a few days. One of the secret desires of my childhood (among other things), was to play soccer, and I love the fervor and enthusiasm with which our guys play. At our very first home game, BFA scored in the first 20 seconds of the game, and I’m happy to report that it was Jonny Florencio, one of my seniorsJ. In case you couldn’t tell, I’m pretty proud of these guys.

We like to have special outings for the guys every now and then, just to break up the norm of eat-sleep-school-homework-eat-sleep-school, well you get the idea. One weekend, we took the guys to a nearby medieval castle, and as you can tell from the pictures below, they had a blast. Some of our students had requested a dress-up dinner out, so a couple of weeks ago, all of our Sonne Knights put on freshly ironed shirts, laced up their neckties, and went to the Argentinian Steak House in Lorrach. They looked great, and a good time was had by all! You can enjoy some pictures of this below as well.

To say that there has been a lot to think about in the past weeks and months is an understatement. More of this will come out in the next weeks and months, I hope. For now, suffice it to say that God is working away at places in my heart that I didn’t even know existed. It is exciting, and makes me very hopeful for the future.
We are about a week away from spring break and as many of the students scatter to the many places they call home, I would ask you to pray for their safety, rest, and restoration. Many of them will be going on BFA-organized mission trips, and we would ask for your prayers for them as well. I am privileged to help lead a team to Slovenia. We will be spending a week in the country, coming alongside several missionary families, and helping in various aspects of service and ministry. Please pray for servant-like, teachable hearts for all of us. I look forward to writing about the trip in a couple weeks. Lastly, I’d ask you to pray for the students as they finish the school year. When they return from spring break, the guys will be facing about 5 more weeks of school. Pray for focus, strength, and good attitudes. The school is rapidly coming to a close, and it is the sincere desire of the staff here to continue to invest in these students and take advantage of every opportunity. Please pray that there will be many victories, and that growth will continue to take place, right up to the finish line. 

~LH

Adventures at a castle

crazy guys at a castle!

All dressed up and ready to eat at the Argentinian Steak House

See those smiles? they're about to eat steak...

Paul and me

Trevor and me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope