Prepare Him Room - Advent 2021

What does it mean to you to prepare? In some seasons of my life, I have been the textbook example of procrastination. As I get older, however, this is something I am working hard to change. I have learned, sometimes the hard way, that in order to be able to give all that is being asked in a given situation, I need to come to the table prepared. Prepared to listen, to speak, to act, to learn, and so much more. What intentional steps do you take to prepare your heart for worship? Are you aware of the way that your heart and mind adjust to allow you to fully participate?

Advent is a season of preparation. For you dear friend, the four weeks leading up to Christmas may be the busiest days of the year. My hope is that by pausing together to think, reflect and worship during the coming weeks, we can take back this ground, and prepare our hearts to more fully celebrate the coming of the One Who has done everything for you and me.

Last year, the discipline of reflection and encouragement was important as I prepared to celebrate the birth of Christ. I jotted down some thoughts for each Sunday of Advent, and sent them to the Residence Life staff at Black Forest Academy. I enjoyed the process, as it deepened my own reflection and time with God. This year, I am not sure to whom I will be writing. Each Sunday of Advent, starting on November 28, I will post on my blog, facebook and possibly Instagram. Each devotion will be based on a line from a song associated in some way with the season. I look forward to sharing this season with whomever might decide to join me. Blessings, friends. And may each of us be drawn closer to the Savior in the days ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Easter Week

Commissioning

Advent Week 1: Hope